Requesting Letters of Recommendation
I receive many requests each semester for letters of recommendation. Please follow the instructions below to help me write a good letter and ensure that I can meet any deadlines.
- Fill in the Stony Brook Student Reference Request Form to authorize release of information in the letter and hand it to me.
- E-mail me your current CV/resume and a paragraph describing your interests and career goals, and anything else I should know to help write a good letter.
- Remind me what classes you took with me (and what semester).
- Create a google docs spreadsheet with columns for:
- program name
- instructions on how I send the letter
- reason you are interested in the program
- due date
Please request letters no later than 3 weeks before the first due date